Saturday, November 30, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: THE FIERY HEART by Richelle Mead

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Rating: 3 stars actually but I'm adding in another star because of SYDRIAN FEELS ... so FOUR FEEL-Y STARS!

After a week of not being able to read due to my sickness, I finally managed to finish The Fiery Heart upon receiving an okay signal from my mom to read again. I was really excited to finish this one and remove it from my "currently reading" list (tbh, I' m annoyed with myself if I see one or two books listed there unfinished). So yeah here we go.

The Fiery Heart is written from DUAL POVs - Adrian and Sydney, which was very helpful in terms of giving importance/focus to their separate problems (Sydney with replicating the ink and Adrian's endeavor with the blood thing). There is so much going on with our main characters that there was the need for them to have separate POVs for readers to have a clear view on their thoughts and how they're going to proceed with their individual problems. I love the execution towards Sydney and Adrian's solutions to their problems, it was like fusing into one and the methods that they were taking were on the similar path. I pretty much enjoyed that.

I ALSO LOVE THE ADRIAN POVs, IT'S SOOOOO ADRIAN. Richelle Mead's execution in the DUAL POVs was great because Adrian and Sydney's voices stood out and it didn't muddle with each other. The characters were really given such distinct voices, that you'll be able to approve, nod and be like "Yeah, that's the kind of thing Sydney or Adrian's going to say.".

BUT DUAL POVs is now a VERY predictable move for authors if shit's about to go down in their series. And that's what happens in this book. I fairly PREDICTED most part of what's going to happen in this book and I'm annoyed with myself because of that. Ughhh. But I just can't help it to keep thinking of the possible stuff that's going to come out of the various situations they are in. Psh.

SYDRIAN SHIP. Welllllllllllllllllll. HDFJSJDNASDSS THEY'RE THE REASON WHY I ADDED ANOTHER STAR IN MY RATING BECAUSE OMG! *FANS MESELF* Yes, they did it. They did it. Their chemistry is hot as ever and their dynamics is as perfect as ever. They just complete each other. They balance it out. Even though, we see Sydney getting all heart over mind in this book - which is kind of out of character for her ... we see Adrian balancing it out and he's like the Sydney in the first three books, the one who's thinking it all out before anything else.

AND OH OH, ADRIAN AND CHRISTIAN HAD A CONVERSATION IN THIS BOOK AND I WAS LIKE FLAILING AROUND BECAUSE COME ON IVASHKOV AND OZERA TALKING TO EACH OTHER *FANGIRL SCREAMS* MY HEART!!!

All through out the book, I know it in my head that the Alchemist was going to find about Sydney and her non-Alchemist stuff. So the Alchemists were on the top of my shit list BUT THEN OMFG  ZOE YOU LIL SHIT! TRAITOR UGHHHH I'm *shakes my head* Tsk. Tsk.

The ending. I knew Mead was going down that lane, so I kind of expected that The Fiery Heart's going to end this way. The fear that we were dreading from the moment Sydney and Adrian got together happened. And Sydney's now in the hands of the Alchemists. Well, it's a convenient way for the series to progress. With that, I'm still excited on what'll happen next in Silver Shadows. I'm sure it'll be a MUCH crazier ride this time because of how Mead ended this one.

Bye x
Centrum Permanebit

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll