Saturday, November 23, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons WhyThirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Listening to a voice who now belongs to a dead girl and is telling you reasons why ... *goosebumps*

Upon finishing up my reading for Richelle Mead's Gameboard of the Gods, I quickly jumped into getting started with this one. Once I flipped it's first page, I knew that I just can't leave it laying around and that I have to continue reading it until the end. So yeah. Read it in one sitting.

The book just makes you want to know more and more about Hannah Baker - what were her reasons and what were the involvement of these people mentioned/to be mentioned in those cassette tapes, to her decision towards her life. Her voice is just so powerful - a teenager who's going through a very rough time in her life. It's haunting.

*runs in the corner* while I cry my heart out for Clay Jensen huhuhu (READ THE BOOK, if you want to know why)

This book makes us think/evaluate/realize how our personal behavior or how we interact with others, can make or break and influence them. It could possibly be in a good way or the other way around. Have we left a positive mark or temporarily/permanently scarred them? I tell you, guys! It's a MUST READ.

*And I just learned last Saturday (when I stumbled upon Selena Gomez Philippines), that there's going to be a movie of it. Selena's going to be play the role of Hannah.

Okay. Now, I leave you with this quote from the book: “You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll