Monday, November 4, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: DEFINITELY, MAYBE IN LOVE by Ophelia London

Definitely, Maybe in LoveDefinitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I'm typing this down, I'm also watching the ATP World Tour Finals face-off between Del Potro and Gasquet! Talk about multi-tasking! Woot woot!

Anyways. What's with me reading books that are modern take of classic stories? Yesterday (or the other day, I guess), I finished reading Isn't She Lovely? by Lauren Layne, which is a modern take on Pygmalion. And now, I'm done reading Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London which I randomly selected in my to read list. Yes, I know what the story's about but I didn't read the part where it says - "Definitely, Maybe in Love is a modern take on Pride and Prejudice that proves true love is worth risking a little pride." So LOL at me!

Definitely, Maybe in Love follows through the story of Spring Honeycutt who's been working perfectly on her sustainable living thesis ... not until her professor checks her draft and suggested to take a good look at a her subject in a different angle. Which means, she needs to do more research works and look for a person who has an extreme knowledge about her topic.

She may be lucky because her newly transferred neighbor, Henry Knightly, knows a lot about it. BUT her neighbor also seems to be the person who embodies the exact opposite of what Spring believes in in terms of her principles, ideals, political view and so on and so forth. Uhhh seems to be her worst nightmare. (But the dude is totally HOT!) So yeah, that's pretty much the basic things you need to know about this book! It's for you to find out already what happens when two people with opposite views on things are forced to work together.

Spring and Henry are both headstrong and intelligent characters and Ophelia London really perfected that element of the story. It just shines through on how she wrote this book - the sentence construction and the topics that the characters broached in their conversations. Some of their conflicts may have started because of these opposing ideas (view spoiler)

Spring-Henry relationship. Oh man. I just love it. It's not every day that I get to read a book with this series of unfortunate events thing happening in it's plot line. It just makes the chemistry of the characters sizzle more. I also love the concept of timing and fate here in this book (read the book so that you'll know what I'm taking about). Fate is fate. No matter how many times their chance of being together is swept off their feet, fate just ends up bringing them back face to face.

Bye x
PS: I'm still watching the game ...


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll