Tuesday, October 8, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: PRICE OF A KISS BY LINDA KAGE

Price of a KissPrice of a Kiss by Linda Kage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now this book is what I really need after that disaster-ish kind of book I've read last night. Price of a Kiss has a story into it and the characters got personality!

Price of Kiss starts off with Reese Randall changing her given name and transferring to another town to avoid her psycho ex-boyfriend who tried to kill her.

First day of school, she spotted this guy “Hotness” she names him and her interest towards him perked up already. Then her cousin drops a bomb that that dude is a freakin' gigolo. Come on, he’s a guy who offers sex in exchange of a promising amount of money. Oh man! Quite a messy situation you've got there already... (Read the book, if you find the start of the story interesting. I can honestly tell you it gets even better as the story progresses.) *happy dance*

First of all, I just want to say that I wanna strangle Mrs. Garrison. That wicked witch. >.< Grrr.

Reese Randall. *hands down* She sees everything in a different light. She's not the type to quickly judge things or the people around her. She's also a very accepting gal, in terms on how she dealt with Mason and his line of work. Oh man.

“You might not have charged me a fee, but kissing you is too big of a price for me. I didn’t sign up for this. Now let me go.” - Reese

Mason Lowe is totally a swoon worthy dude *fans myself*. He thinks first about his family's needs rather than himself and whatever reputation the society associates him with. He cares for his lil sister, Sarah, a lot and you can see it on how affectionate he gets when he's around her. And also I love how sweet he gets towards Reese. *feels*

I love how Reese and Mason's relationship got started. It's so cute when they started off as friends first and ajdjejre all that happens. (Also considering with what Mason's work is and the risk of them being seen together.) The joy and the heartbreak elements are just there. It makes the story even better.

“Damn it. We are, but the only reason we’re just friends is because there’s no way we could possibly ever be anything more.” - Mason (See what I mean with how it can make the story even better? *sobs* It was quite a heart wreching scene back there.)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll