Thursday, October 10, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: PLAY WITH ME by Piper Shelly

Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)Play With Me by Piper Shelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Play with Me was super short but with that limited amount of pages of this book it already made me laugh, made my heart ache and made me swoon.

You maybe thinking that Liza moved on too fast but...This is one of the stories that the girl believes that she's in love with this guy since they were kids and already thinking about spending her forever with him. She's also in this comfort zone already with this guy and it could be considered to be in the best buds category. But as time passes by, it ends up just being a thought that she's holding on to. Like she loves the idea of her being in love with that person. In that way, when another guy enters the picture and tried to make her heart skip a beat ... the falling in love and drowning in feels part comes faster. Especially when that guy makes the girl feels special and desired. (Wink wink. Special. Desired. Liz truly said that in the book.)

Liza Matthews. She's just hilarious. Her lines are just dead on funny and witty! A very entertaining character. "I slumped on my bed and made plans for a week trapped inside. At least my to-be-read stack would shrink drastically this way." (I like book characters who read and who's also experiencing this trying to diminish the number of books in his/her to-be-read pile mission. I feel like we could be buddies!)

"Are you bananas, babe? Ryan Hunter is completely under your spell." Yes. Liza's bananas. She'd be stupid if she let Ryan slip out of her hands.

Ryan Hunter. He's a totally package already. Well yeah, he'd been an ass to other girls but Liza's has been the exception all along. 'Cause ever since he caught sight of Liza, he already knew that she's the girl for her. Regarding that messy scene towards the end which involved Tony, Liza and him, I truly believed that Ryan didn't come out there and followed Tony's instruction. Never did I doubt him about it. He was there as a genuine friend to Liza and well...also trying his luck out to steal Liza's heart.

"For a minute there, I thought I stood a chance. But I guess in the end, Mitchell will still
be the lucky one."
- Ryan Hunter (*sobs* My heart is aching over this.)

Tony Mitchell. Wow Tony could really be an ass, an insensitive jerk and a pathetic dude. He really deserves that thing that happened to him. Gahhh. Karma. Good thing he a lil bit redeemed himself with that "texting a friend" scene.

"At least it was for me. I kind of took you for granted. Your love for me was permanent. Why should I have worried about losing you?" - Tony (Psh. Now you learn your lesson)

Bye x



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll