Wednesday, January 1, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: LOVE SONGS FOR THE ROAD by by Farrah Taylor




The only thing rock star Marcus Troy loves more than making music is his kids. So finding just the right nanny to take on tour with them is important—as is proving to his ex he deserves joint custody. Falling for his employee wouldn’t just be fodder for the paparazzi: it could ruin everything. 

Too bad the perfect nanny turns out to be beautiful, vibrant Ryan Evans. Ryan’s never left her small Montana town before, so she jumps at the chance to see the country. And as much as accidental fame doesn’t gel with shy Ryan, what does is her relationship with her capricious, smoking-hot, shockingly good dad of a boss. Marcus is nothing like what she expected. But when the whole world’s watching them, will life in the spotlight be too hot to handle?



Ramblings. December 2013 has been a great month for me in terms of my relationship with Netgalley. Ha ha ha. It was in that month when most of my requests for ARCs got approved. Woot woot! But here's something that I did which may come across as hilarious. With several months already registered in that site and not a single request that I made got approved, I did this random clicking on loads of titles and just testing if they'll approve it. Then one day when I checked my email address ... I was quite shocked when a number of confirmation messages appeared on my inbox. That's what landed me in this current situation I'm in. Yep, I'm currently in this "eliminating ARCs that are January releases" phase. Love Songs for the Roar is one of those, this will be released in January 13th. 


Immediate thought after reading this book. Well, that was predictable. But I quite enjoyed it and the last part did bring some emotions out of me. 

My thoughts. Ooookay. Most of the books that I've been reading lately has this issue with time. I'm not against in reading a book which is fast paced but it just doesn't fit this genre. I believe that time is very essential from the exact moment the book's main characters meet until the moment they've realized that there's an attraction/compatibility between them or even the time they act on it already. Because during that specific time frame, readers will be treated on how they cultivated and build their relationship. It isn't something we can fast track and not necessarily prolong, but at least give the readers the sense that these two are really for each other and there's depth to their relationship. In this book, it seems like everything happened in a flash. I would love to have more content and juice to it. 

Tour Bubble. Noticing how fast their relationship escalated, I was quite afraid that everything will happen or their story will end upon the last show of Marcus. And here's the good thing about this book, it didn't. Why am I happy about that? Because in those tour days they've been living inside a bubble and maybe it was just that which might have caused their attraction. With always being around each other and closed off to the real world can certainly fuel something. In here, Farrah Taylor this time around gave us some scenes wherein these characters were apart, back to the real open world and taking in some time to reflect on their feelings towards each other. So, that's a plus to this book. 

Ryan Evans. I love her character. Why? Because she isn't this girl who was easily swayed and will drop everything she wanted to be in her life just because she's in a relationship with a celebrity. She stood her ground and showed that she valued her own person. 

Marcus Troy. I'm definitely in love with those scenes which involve Marcus and his kids. It's great that he's got this rock star image but still can be a cool dad. In this book, it truly shows how Marcus adores his kids and will fight to the ends of the Earth to be with them. And his kids are soooo adorable. Charlotte acting like an adult, busting Ryan and Marcus holding hands is just a precious and certainly a LOL moment! Miles just being Miles, who's always in a sugar rush with everything he eats or drinks ... yep jumping up and down or running around the tour bus. 

As a whole, I had a good time reading this book. It's a super short read which you can finish reading under two to three hours, I think. 

*I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and the publisher for an honest review*   
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
This review is also posted on my Goodreads account

Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll