Tuesday, December 3, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: FIGHTING REDEMPTION by Kate McCarthy

Fighting RedemptionFighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

FIVE FREAKIN' STARS FOR THIS BOOK!

This is the first book that I've read written by Kate McCarthy, so I don't know if I'll be like blown away by her writing or what. But fully knowing that this book was just released last December 2, I decided to give it a try. AND Gahhhd! I wasn't able to put this book down since I started reading it around 10:00-ish in the evening! UNPUTDOWNABLE!

Fighting Redemption was just soooooooo good! It's a story about family, friendship, loss, sacrifice, pain, how past can affect one's way of living his/her own life and how love pulls us through from darkness. It was beautiful and highly emotional. I certainly recommend this book!

The book is written from dual points of view - Ryan and Fin, and it's more of them retelling what happened five years ago. THE PROLOGUE! I tell you, starting from that point you'll be immediately sucked in by the story. Your mind's going to be already like "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" and that question will purely drive you insane to keep on turning page after page. Well, that until you finish the book and cried your heart out in major scenes. How the prologue sounded is enough to give me goosebumps and the wheels inside my mind were turning already and thinking about the possible positive/negative ending for this book. I was shitless scared!

There were also light moments in some parts of this book, where I was pretty much laughing my ass off or rolling on the bed while reading it. JAKE TANNER is the bomb in cracking up jokes! But his character made me cry LOADS OF TIMES! Damn you, Jake! And add that to the lines being delivered by the characters!!! MOST OF IT WERE SO POWERFUL! It's not just a bluff of lines or mushy lovesick lines but it's the type of lines where it truly creates and leaves an impact to readers.

"That it doesn't matter if you live a billion years, or just a short handful like Jake. It's how bright you burn while living them that really matters, and Jake burned so bright it hurt my eyes." , Fin to Ryan

AND WHILE READING THIS BOOK, I CAN'T HELP IT BUT I KEEP ON IMAGINING RYAN AND FIN AS ...




Bye x


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll