Monday, September 15, 2014

Fandomly Bookish Recommends ... | Wattpad Authors and Stories [1]
















I read Wattpad stories. Yes, you've read that right. I actually started reading stories from Wattpad way back when I was still a college student. Sophomore or Junior year, I think. It was around that time when Wattpad stories was selling like hotcakes in the online Filipino reader community. So you know, I just have to try and know what the fuss is all about.

I think some Filipino readers tend to shy away from Wattpad stories because of the previous experiences they had with some stories written and published on that site. It could be because some stories isn't up to par with their taste, the quality of how it was written and how some story lines get clichéd and all. Take a hint here, it's actually a hit and miss in Wattpad when it comes to the stories you'll find in there. You just have to be very patient in looking  for a writer (and stories) that'll really suit you when it comes to his/her writing style, on how he/she narrates and wrap up the story and how she treats her characters. It's like looking for a gold in a dark and scary gold mine. 

Photo grabbed from: Jonaxxstories Facebook Page

To help you out with your Wattpad dilemma, I've decided to make this feature in this blog wherein from time to time I will share names of authors and title of stories that I immensely enjoyed reading. This feature aims to promote Wattpad worthy-read stories to my fellow Filipino readers. 

Here's my first recommended Wattpad author: She's known as Queen J by her avid readers or Jonaxx in the entire Wattpad community. Queen J, wohoo! She wasn't the first author that I came across in Wattpad and her works weren't the first ones that I've read. But (I think) she's the only author that I constantly and consistently looked forward to on what she's going to lay down the table next. And yes, I've read every single bit of her works. Even her tweets and posts in Facebook. LOL!

I can still perfectly remember the first story that I've read coming from this author and it was her work entitled, DOWNFALL CHRONICLES. At first, I was undecided if I'll push through reading it because I've also had my fair share of stumbling across stories that scared the heck out of my braincells. But I'm very glad that I continued to read it because I didn't expect it to be like that. It turned out to be a very emotional read and a story that I'll forever remember.

Raise your hand if you're also one of those readers who shed a tear while reading that story! Yuhooo... 

So, what made Jonaxx my favorite Wattpad author? 

Okay, I'll start my rambling here. She writes stories that really has a story in it. You get  what I mean? Everything that she puts out there make sense. Her stories are well-written. I think, time and time again she's proven to us that. You can see the progress of the story, the arc of it and the resolution in her story line within the numbered chapters we get. I love the fact that she takes risk with the concepts of her stories. Like Until Trilogy. It didn't deter her from writing about it. Even though she knows, some will get iffy. Instead she slowly and carefull thread into it and whisk her own spin to it. 

Her writing and characters just gets the best of me. There isn't a story written by Jonaxx that didn't end up making me cry or getting me teary eyed. There's just heart when she writes down the lines of the characters and in turn just adds up to the feels. Her characters were certainly a joy to read through. She knows how to play with them and how to give them distinct characteristics and personalities. Not even half of the story, readers can already perfectly distinguish them from one another. Most of her male characters are swoon-worthy and sassy. Me, likey! 

Jonaxx knows how to treat the chemistry of her characters because every pairing that she creates the chemistry are just off the roof. *FANS MYSELF* If you know Jennifer Armentrout/J.Lynn, an international author, I can say Jonaxx is pretty much leveling with her here in the local scene. Here's what I've said in one of my reviews of J.Lynn's book: "she really builds up great chemistry with her characters – like you can taste their chemistry already, or you even wish that the characters already make out" and BAMMM, that's the same thing that I feel towards Queen J's work. Are you with me, fellow avid readers? HAHA :) 

That's pretty much it. Here are some of her works: 



For the complete list of her works, you may refer to her Wattpad account here

Oh oh. I hope Popfiction will not continue on translating her works to English because her works written in Taglish are a gem already. I hope they can print it as it is. 

You can comment down your favorite Wattpad authors and stories and I will gladly check them out. :) 

19 comments:

  1. wow ... this is so great , i am also an avid reader of Queen J <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal reader here also. Avid fan of jonaxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUEEN J IS <3 :))

    Suggestion po try nyo din si Ate Chelsea_13 po at yung kanyang For Hire: Bad Girl For A Girlfriend :) maganda po yun kung pag tatiyagaan nyong hanggang dulo basahin hehe tapos madami pa pong magagaling na writers sa wattpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea! Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'll look for her stories in Wattpad and add it on my Library! :)

      Delete
  4. Omg! Team Jonaxx forever! Hihi. Try to search for beeyotch po. She's good too. Two of her stories were published into books under Popfiction too. Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyrene! I've read one of her stories, I think! I'll try to check and read the other one. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

      Delete
  5. well written!!!

    queen J really improves her style of writing... and she writes with heart, too!

    thanks for sharing this!

    (p.s. that collage of book covers was made by ghian - sa ngalan ng memo pad na pinagawa, hahaha!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      And thank you for giving me the heads up on who really made that photo! Hahaha :)

      Delete
  6. Magdiwang ang mga royal readers ni queen j like me!!! Da best! Wala pa ako sa kalibag libagan ni queen j. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree ako kay ate Andrea Suigi ^ i-try nyo po basahin yung for hire bad girl for a girlfriend ni ate chels (Chelsea_13) maganda din po yun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda!!! :) Very well said! Queen J's stories are so well worth reading even though they're so long. Every chapter will make you smile, well sometimes, cry.. Rather, most of the times, cry! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Royal reader of Queen J here!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwie. Thank you so much for reading and commenting in this post. I really appreciate it! - Fandomly Bookish <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really love queen J and her boys. all of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. please check pajama_addict's stories. the author is really amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll