Saturday, January 10, 2015

[Year-Round YA and NA Guide: A List of My Most Anticipated 2015 Releases] EXCERPT from BECOMING RAIN by K.A. Tucker


*SCREAMING* I'm so excited for you guys to read this post! It's an EXCERPT coming from BECOMING RAIN by K.A. Tucker and I never thought that I'd be able to snag something from that book that I could feature here on my blog! I'm fangirling really hard over this, especially with that excerpt they gave me! Thank you so much, Ms. K.A. Tucker and Ms. Kelly Simmon of InkSlinger PR! *Hugs and Kisses all the way from the Philippines* 


Title: BECOMING RAIN (Burying Water #2) 
Author: K.A. Tucker (Website | Twitter
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Publisher: Atria Books

SYNOPSIS 


Luke Boone doesn't know exactly what his uncle Rust is involved in but he wants in on it-the cars, the money, the women. And it looks like he's finally getting his wish. When Rust hands him the managerial keys to the garage, they come with a second set-one that opens up the door to tons of cash and opportunity. Though it's not exactly legal, Luke's never been one to worry about that sort of thing. Especially when it puts him behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 and onto the radar of gorgeous socialite named Rain.

Clara Bertelli is at the top of her game-at only twenty-six years old, she's one of the most successful undercover officers in the Washington D.C. major crime unit, and she's just been handed a case that could catapult her career and expose one of the west coast's most notorious car theft rings. But, in order to do it, she'll need to go deep undercover as Rain Martines. Her target? The twenty-four-year old nephew of a key player who appears ready to follow in his uncle's footsteps.

As Clara drifts deeper into the luxurious lifestyle of Rain, and further into the arms of her very attractive and charming target, the lines between right and wrong start to blur, making her wonder if she'll be able to leave it all behind. Or if she'll even want to.



Pre-order links: Amazon | B&N | iBooks |Kobo


Why is this book included on my list? In love with the first book of this series and am really curious with Luke Boone's character. Luke's a side character in Burying Water and he's living a very interesting life in that book. I don't know how the cards will play out for his character this time around. Plus, I love the conflict that'll be happening between the two main characters. 

I think, I've been very vocal about it in my social media accounts that my favorite book written by K.A. Tucker is Burying Water. Seriously. I love everything about that book. I'm still in love with it. I totally recommend that book. To know more about it, here's my review for Burying Water





“Good night, Luke,” she says, lifting onto her toes to lay a light kiss on my lips. “See you in the morning.” The door shuts and, a moment later, I hear the interior latch. 

Dammit. It’s going to be a long night. “Follow her lead… follow her lead…” I mutter, tossing my suit jacket toward a small table. Missing it completely. My fingers fumble with the buttons on my shirt as I head back to my own room. Stripping off my pants and shirt, I toss my clothes onto a side table and drop down to begin my obsessive nightly regime. Because, fuck, maybe that’ll keep me from heading back out and knocking on her door. 


It’s not helping. Push-ups are damn painful, actually. I’m halfway through my reps, lying flat on my stomach, and ready to give my hand a workout so I can finish, when I hear the lightest knock on the door. So quiet that I may be imagining it. 

Still, I bolt for the door. 

Rain stands there, tucking strands of hair behind her hair in that nervous way. She lifts her fingers to my mouth and steps into me, forcing me backward. Pressing the door shut with her body-in a worn Washington Capitals T-shirt that is so threadbare I can see the curves of her body and a hint of skin underneath-she reaches back to latch the door.


About KA Tucker:


Born in small-town Ontario, K.A. Tucker published her first book at the age of six with the help of her elementary school librarian and a box of crayons. She is a voracious reader, and currently resides in a quaint town outside of Toronto with her husband, two beautiful girls, and an exhausting brood of four-legged creatures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll