Thursday, February 6, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Be With Me by J.Lynn


Summary of Be With Me


Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…


My thoughts: 

I may have not finished reading Covenant series and got started with Bittersweet Love yet, but I can say that I’m a huuuuuuuge fan of JLynn/JLA. I just love her, she’s one of those authors that can write more than one genre and that her finished product is still an awesome book. I devoured the Lux series, Wait For You and Frigid last year, and I can say that one of the great things about her is that she really builds up great chemistry with her characters – like you can taste their chemistry already, or you even wish that the characters already make out. Oh and wait, she’s definitely bringing it when it comes to the hot and heavy scenes! 

Be With Me is definitely much drama-packed than Wait For You. There’s so many issues revolving around Teresa and Jase, personal issues and issues that wasn’t theirs but yeah shit happens in this book. Teresa, bless this girl for having such a biiiiig heart, and I’m sure you’ll say that too once you finish reading this book. There were so many moments in the story that truly tested Teresa’s character and you’ll just see that by the end of all those scenes she comes out forgiving and stronger more than ever. She also acts more matured than Jase, considering that Teresa is being babied by her brother and their parents. 

Jase *shakes my head*, I’m a tiny bit disappointed with his character. I know that he’s got personal issues going on but he’s really a douche for just being hot and then cold to Teresa. He doesn’t need to drag this poor girl down alongside of him. (Though, with Teresa being herself, I know she would welcome every opportunity to be there for/with Jase.) Nevertheless, I still like his character because of how caring he gets when it comes to Teresa. And I’m sad for him too, because of what he has been going through for years already. There’s so much pain, fear and guilt laced with Jase, which he needs to work out and let go for him to give himself/his heart a chance again. 

There were two scenes in this book where my mouth was just hanging open. I. WAS. EXTREMELY. SHOCKED. with the revelations (concerning Jase) and just how the story turned out for a certain character. I totally didn’t saw those coming. So there’s that element of surprise in this book too. The ending of the book though, I don’t know … I kinda feel that the characters were rushing everything again. Like whoa, FUTURE together. Big step. But whatevs, that’s just me. 

Aha! Be With Me also stepped it up a notch in the NA department. So, there’s definitely loads of *fans myself* moments in this book. 

Fast track: (1) Hell yeah! There are quite a number of scenes where Cam and Avery are around. It’s such a joy having this couple in this book and seeing how far they’ve come from the "Wait For You" days. (2) Wait. Is Brandon and Calla getting their own book? Because OH MY GOSH you can feel the tension between these two in that SINGLE scene where both of them were in!! I need to know what the back story of their relationship is!! 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
This review is also posted on my Goodreads account
Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll