Wednesday, January 16, 2013

[FEATURED] Wendy Higgins, Author of Sweet Trilogy

Hello there, guys and gals! 

It's been a couple of days already since my last post and I'm sorry for that. I've been juggling everything that I'm handling - from the classes that I'm taking up (senior student in college over here, we're getting thrown with LOADS of stuff) up to the Facebook pages (Uhmm. About five-six pages, I think) that I'm managing. So yeah, I'm terribly sorry.

But not to worry. My blog post tonight is for BOOK JUNKIES, WENDY HIGGINS and SWEET EVIL fans out there. Yuhoo! Where are you, guys? Come out, come out where ever you are! I'm sure you will love this one! 

Just my luck again. For I was given a chance to interview Ms. Higgins and was also given a simple treat by her. You have to check and read through this whole post before you see what she gave me. No peeking at the bottom first! 

Well. I'm stopping myself from this point and will just give you everything that I asked her on our "email" kind of an interview. Enjoy reading through her answers!

Let's get started with by knowing more about Ms. Wendy Higgins.

Q: Can you tell us more about yourself? 
A: I'm ordinary for an author...boring, even. :) My first priority is my family, namely taking care of my two children (Autumn-6 and Cayden-4). I'm married to a veterinarian and I write from home when I can, which is not as often as I'd like.

Q: Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
A: I adore Jennifer Armentrout. She writes a perfect mix of action, intrigue, and romance, plus she's great to her fans.

Q: What books have most influenced your life?

A: Gosh, I think every book that I read leaves some sort of mark, big or small, good or bad. But I'll go with: The Poisonwood Bible, Twilight, Good Omens, Angela's Ashes, and The Bible. 

Q: Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? Any person who inspired you in creating your own line of books?
A: Just always loved writing stories, from the time I learned to write at five. My mom was not a big reader or writer, but she encouraged me every step of the way.

Now we go to the part where I asked her questions about being an Author and her book SWEET EVIL. 
Q: How did this book, Sweet Evil, came about? How did you come up with the title?
A: I was bombarded with inspiration, thoughts of angels and demons on earth, their children, what life would be like for them, and how a young girl would handle being torn if she were both angel AND demon. It was all very sudden and rushed. I'd never been more intrigued by anything in my life. I originally called it Angel Prophecy because I suck at coming up with titles, lol. The publishers are the ones who suggested the title Sweet Evil. :)
Q: When did you start writing this? Is there any dream behind it (just like the birth of The Twilight Saga) or any inspiration for this? Are the scenes in the book somewhat based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
A: I began writing as soon as I got the idea in late August 2009. It took 7 weeks to write the first draft of 85,000 words. I don't think I could ever do that again - it was crazy!  It's not based on a sleeping dream. It was more like a daydream and nonstop brainstorming. I was inspired by all aspects of my life, but it's all fictional. Nothing in the book is based on true events.
Q: Do you have a specific writing style?
A: I'm a panster - I sit down and write without outlining - it's all in my head and I usually don't know exactly what's going to happen next until I write it.  I write commercial fiction - stories that read like a movie in your head.
Q: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
A: There are a couple of actual errors that I would fix, and I'm sure I could find plenty of minor stuff to change, but the heart of the story would stay the same.
Q: What was the hardest part of writing your book?
A: Finding time.
Q: Any hardships you faced in getting this book published?
A: Tons!!!  I think most authors face hardships and challenges - nothing in this business is exactly how you think it's going to be. Everything takes a loooooong time, and I think that was the hardest thing for me...just sitting around and waiting.
Q: What sets this apart from the other YA novels around?
A: I think the romantic tension is what people love most about it. Also, Anna is not your typical kick-ass main character. Her strength is in her heart.
Q: For those who haven’t read this book, can you give them a little preview of this book?
A: It's a dark love story about the children of demons who are forced to do the evil work of their fathers.

Note: I just felt the need to include this video (from Harper Teen's Youtube) in this post ... ASDFGHJKL! *FANGIRLING* 

Last part of the interview: CURRENT PROJECTS, ADVICE AND MESSAGE TO THE READERS
Q: What are your current projects?
A: I'm currently writing Sweet Reckoning, the third and final book in the Sweet Trilogy.

Q: Do you have any advice for other writers?
A: Write! Write what's on your heart and don't worry about trends or what other people think. Then revise. Revise, revise, revise!
Q: Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
A: Thank you. Always, thank you. <3  You're what makes this whole crazy journey worthwhile.

TADA! This is what I'm talking about! Okay! *FANGIRLING* really hard AGAIN! I can't ... ASDFGHJKL! 









Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Wendy_Higgins
Website: http://www.wendyhigginswrites.com

Hope you picked up something from my interview with her and I'm hoping that you enjoyed it. *Because, I did. Haha* 

Well this is it for me, guys and gals! I'll try to come up with another post in the following days. There's a couple more of interviews I did with other authors. Until next time. Signing off!

Comments and suggestions are welcome below. 

- Amanda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll