Tuesday, June 10, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY (1): Books I’ve Read So Far This Year


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome people over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This the first time that I'm joining this book meme and I'm very excited about doing this blog post at 10:08PM! This week's topic is about the TOP TEN BOOKS I'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR. Well, this will be quite a task for me since I've read 79 books already. Hmmm. *runs off to check my Goodreads account* 

Wohoops! Here's the list of my TOP TEN BOOKS that I'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR! This is in no particular order because these books are all amazing in their own way and (just NO) I CAN'T EVEN manage to rank it! Ha! :) 

1. American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin

CALLING ALL FANGIRLS (ESPECIALLY BOYBAND FANGIRLS) OUT THERE, this book is totes written for you guys! If you're a friend of mine in real life or just a Facebook/Twitter friend, I'm sure you know how I act when it comes to these boybands/bands/groups (or whatever collective name you wanna call them)! I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally FANGIRL hard! Complete with the *fans myself* + *runs around the house* + *screaming and flailing* movement = CRAZY. So when I read this book, I was just like OMG SQUEALING and constantly being drowned with FEELS! This book is such a good one for us boyband fangirls, I tell you. And you better listen to me! I definitely definitely recommend this book!
"The summer after graduation is supposed to be that first real taste of freedom - but not for eighteen-year-old Chloe Branson. Just as that breeze of freedom is making its way into her galaxy, her secret-service-agent dad drops a meteor-sized bomb of bad news on her and her sisters. An attempt has been made on the lives of Canadian boyband, Spaceships Around Saturn, during their USA tour, and the guys have to go into hiding ASAP. The only problem? In the midst of the crisis and media frenzy, their dad volunteered to hide the guys...in their house.", part of the synopsis for this book. 
 2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire 

Reading this book will give you a complete reader's experience, here's my immediate thought after reading this book ...


"Ah shit. Damn feels! This book, shizz for the most part made me giggle, cringe, drown with feels, grin like a freakin’ fool, CRY and in some parts made me want to pound my head on the desk because of Abby or Travis’ decisions/stupidity. But seriously though, I really enjoyed reading this book." Full book review posted on my blog and on Goodreads
3. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (FINAL BOOK OF The Juliette Chronicles)


If you haven't read this series yet, then WHYYYYYY? HAHAHA! Sorry for that. Anyways, I "5 STARS" recommend this series to you fellow booknerds! I love how this series progessed and ended because it was a beautiful and really satisfying one! The Juliette Chronicles gave us a very deep sense of knowing these characters because of how Tahereh Mafi mainly focused on them rather than the war side of the things. Here's a part of my review where I talk about the characters,  

"I actually love the fact that the story focused more on the characters rather than the common world building and heavy war stuff because the characters in these books are so interesting and have so many layers and secrets that needs to be shed out. There are some books out there that present their stories and characters in just BAMMMM descriptive type of way but here in this series, the main characters are all fleshed out to the core. May it be negative attitude that we see in these characters or positive ones, all of it is presented to us. So, by the end of Ignite Me it feels like I or we know them personally." Full review posted on my blog and on Goodreads
4. Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy Cherry

Let a part of my review convince you to take a chance on this book with a forbidden-y relationship... *whispers* If you're a fan of the Slammed series by Colleen Hoover, go check this one out! *whispers*
"Loving Mr. Daniels is a beautiful, emotionally-packed and character driven book. I tell you, this book is so much more than the forbidden relationship involved in the story. So, don’t be thrown off with that aspect of the book. In actuality this book speaks about life, loss, love and relationships. The book speaks about relationships with parents, sisters, brothers and friends. It was very easy to love and instantly became part of my ‘favourite books’ list. I’m in love with the way the book was presented and the prose was just perfect for the storyline." Full review posted on my blog (+ author interview) and on Goodreads
5. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover 

Another COLLEEN HOOVER MASTERPIECE, everyone! So, I'm just gonna chant *THIS BOOK IS A MUST-READ! THIS BOOK IS A MUST-READ! THIS BOOK IS A MUST-READ* here! Go pick this one IMMEDIATELY! Maybe Someday has one of the coolest concept in a book that I've ever read. WHY? BECAUSE THERE'S A STORY + THERE'S MUSIC that serves as a companion-ish to the book and to the journey of the characters! Pure awesomeness right here! Here's a part of my review for this book where I talked about the concept of it, 

"Hands down! You already, Colleen Hoover! This is why I said reading this book is a unique and unforgettable experience earlier, because I haven’t read any book with a similar concept as to this one, like not even close. Or I think, there really isn’t any book out there that exists with a storyline like this. Maybe Someday is definitely an original. I honestly believe she is the perfect and fitting author to deliver us readers a book with a premise like this. It was that obvious right from the start when she gave us Slammed series and just by plainly staring at her words. Her writing is immensely beautiful and gripping, wherein right off the bat sucks you into her story. She’s also this great of a writer, who gives us this well-fleshed out characters and presents their fine qualities and flaws. " Full review posted on my blog and on Goodreads

6. Room For You by Beth Ehemann

If you're a sucker for stories with kids involved in it, you better read this one! Room For You, the first book from the Cranberry Inn Duology, is really good! Here's the synopsis of it, 

"Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.
I tried to pick up the pieces and glue them back together the best I knew how, but something was always missing.
A father for my two girls.
But then, Brody Murphy landed on my doorstep, literally. He was a carefree, playful hockey player who barged into my life and messed with my head. He left me more confused than I had ever been.
What if the one thing I thought I needed was the only thing holding me back?", synopsis from Goodreads.


THIS BOOK IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD! Here's what I said upon finishing this book back in February 15, 2014, 

"I read this book a couple of hours ago - from 2-freakin'-AM until 5AM! Yep, another UNPUTDOWNABLE book here! The story and the characters were just so good and interesting that you'll be immediately sucked in into the story. Aaahhh I just love it! I cried reading some parts of this book and it just made me love this book even more. I'm weird like that ... loving books that made me shed a bucket load of tears.", Goodreads.
Plus omg you have to read this book so that you'll meet WESLEY RUSH too! <3

8. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner 

Let the first part of my review for this book speak for itself and encourage you to read this book AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
"If you didn’t know that this book was written by two authors, I tell you that it wouldn’t even cross your mind once you start reading this. Everything in the book was just woven seamlessly. I can say, that this is really a beautifully and well-written book with an utterly unique concept. This book offers a complete package of Action, Suspense (thrill for that unknown matter) and Romance. Reading this book was definitely a very cool experience for me. Every chapter just resonates the various elements included in this book and fully evokes the different emotions within us, readers.", Full review is posted on my blog and on Goodreads!
9. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

This book will always be dear to my heart. *SIGH* Though, just thinking about this book makes me wanna cry and sulk in my bed. But seriously, you need to read this book because it's a really good take on Neverland, Peter Pan, Tiger Lily and Wendy. WENDY, I'm gonna hunt you down. Here's the synopsis of Tiger Lily, 

"Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.", synopsis from Goodreads.

10. City of Heavenly FEELS ... oooopsies it's CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE by Cassandra Clare

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW AMAZING THIS BOOK, THE LAST BOOK FOR THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES, WAS! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! CoHF was just full of twists and turns, FEELS (TID and TMI guys!!!) and Shadowhunter fighting vibe all over the book! It'll forever be treasured here in my mind and my heart! Thank you, Cassandra Clare for giving us such a wonderful and gratifying end to this amazing series! I'm so ready for The Dark Artifices trilogy! Bring it on! Oh oh, Cassie you were so clever huh ... you've already set TDA's main plot (I think) in motion here on City of Heavenly Fire! <3  

This photo was created by my fellow administrator at The Mortal Instruments Philippines! :)

Well, that's it for now FELLOW FANGIRLS and BOOKNERDS! Thanks for stopping by my blog! How about you, what's your TOP TEN BOOKS THAT YOU'VE READ SO FAR? Comment yours or post the link of your blog post below! I'd be glad to check it out! :) 


1 comment:

  1. City of Heavenly Fire made my list! I ALMOST picked The DUFF too. Shatter Me is on my list. I haven't read the others in that series yet. Loved Beautiful Disaster and These Broken Stars, but I read them both last year. And then I enjoyed Maybe Someday, but it wasn't my favorite Colleen Hoover book ever. Great list! Oh and new follower by the way!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll