Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I AM BACK + ARC REVIEW | THE ALLURE OF JULIAN LEFRAY by R.S. Grey


Title: THE ALLURE OF JULIAN LEFRAY
Author: R.S. Grey (Facebook | Twitter)
Publication Date: June 29, 2015

SYNOPSIS

From: JosephineKeller@LLDesigns.com
To: LilyNBlack@gmail.com
Subject: Justin Timberlake Nudes!


Lily, you predictable perv. I knew you’d open this email faster if I tempted you with a glimpse of JT's “PP”. Well, put your pants back on and grab some bubbly because I have much better news to share.

I GOT A JOB!

As of tomorrow, I’ll be the new executive assistant at Lorena Lefray Designs. I am SO excited, but there’s one itty bitty problem: I won’t be Lorena’s assistant. I’ll be working for her older brother, Julian.

I know what you're thinking- "But Jo, what’s the problem?"

Google him. Now. He’s the man in the fitted navy suit whose face reminds you that there’s hope yet for this cruel, ugly world. Keep scrolling…Do you see those dimples? Yup. That’s the Julian Lefray I will be reporting to tomorrow morning.

Lord, help us all...

XO,
Jo








I’m in a serious blogging funk. I’m sure you’ve noticed it already that I keep on bouncing back and forth from posting stuff to being MIA. I’m reading books every now and then but I end up not being able to finish writing my book reviews for it. I also have several unfinished ramblings just saved up on my laptop. I don’t know what’s happening to me. Though, maybe it has to do with me being overtly active on Facebook and in updating The Mortal Instruments Philippines. But whatever this is, I need to shake it off and find my spark again towards blogging. Don’t think for a second that I’ve lost my enthusiasm over books because it’s still here with me. I still get excited over upcoming releases and I still enjoy promoting books. Whenever I read something great, I duly promote it over my social media accounts and bring it to other readers’ attention.

Nevertheless, I’m here now and trying to get past through this blogging block that I have. And what a way to celebrate me being back on the scene other than reviewing an ARC! I finished reading an ARC of The Allure of Julian Lefray by R.S. Grey yesterday and I absolutely loved it! This is one of those books that I’ve been anticipating to be released this June and I’m so blessed to be able to read and review it a week before its publication date.

One of the things that I love the most about R.S. Grey is that the synopsis of her books doesn’t give away too much of the story. You think you know what you’ll be dealing with while reading the book nuh-uh, think again. Or should I say, carry along with your reading and let the story and characters surprise you. 

The Allure of Julian Lefray follows the character of Josephine Keller, a small-town fashion blogger who knows what she wants in life and is set in stone to follow her dreams and aspirations. What’s the best place in the world to fulfill that and live the dream? Duh. NEW YORK, it’s basically the city where dreams are made of and a buzzing place for fashion events that would totally feed Josephine’s hunger and passion for fashion. But soon she would learn that nabbing a job in a very competitive and fast-paced city isn’t easy. She ended up applying for the position of executive assistant to Lorena Lefray at Lorena Lefray Designs. Well, that seems to be an okay job if she gets hired, right? At this point, anything will do as long as it will help her get her head above the water and it’s heading towards her inclination – which is fashion. 

Here’s the part where Mr. Julian Lefray enters the picture. Boston-based Julian Lefray, a wealthy business man heads home to New York to help her sister’s company afloat during a very trying time. He doesn’t have any clue with regards to fashion but he definitely knows how to deal with business things. He just needs to hire the perfect person to aid him re-establish his sister’s company. 

It seems like Josephine’s in luck. 

I won’t talk more about the story and what adventures Josephine and Julian (oh yeah, they had several laugh-out-loud worthy adventures you’ll read here) go through in this book but I can definitely say that you won’t be disappointed and it just hits home to the point that R.S. Grey is the Queen of Rom-Com genre. She already nailed this genre to perfection.

Josephine Keller might have just made it to my favourite female book characters list. I love her attitude and the fact that she really knows her priorities. Even though there’s already a hot-bod laid down in front of her, it still didn’t deter her from what she really sent out for in New York. She’s absolutely a character people might want to look up to. She does everything she can to pay her student loans, not get evicted in her apartment and get her name out there in the fashion industry. Including being a janitor as an additional gig. Just you wait and see. 

Julian Lefray is a refreshing character. With a lot of books out there who have characters that are into the business world or the typical boss-man for their boss-employee plot line, this “boss man character” is most of the time described singularly. Or ending up being a rip-off of this and that character. Brooding? Moody? Dominating? Oh-so-hot and handsome? Intimidating? Julian Lefray isn’t what I expected him to to be. He’s definitely hot and handsome (totally drool and panty-dropping worthy) and could be a bit of intimidating at the times (let’s fault his good looks for that). But Julian isn’t a complete brooding, moody and dominating character. If he does have those attributes, it’s in a perfect amount that makes him likeable and endearing. Julian is actually sunshine and rainbows. He’s a perfect gentleman with a filthy mind and mouth. But you know what, his character will surprise you in a lot of ways. To the point of thinking and feeling that he’s a real person. Maybe how he showcased vulnerability in the story has to do with that. 

Jo and Julian’s sexual tension is there right from the first moment they glanced at each other. But do not expect to read that they’re going at it at every chapter because nope, it doesn’t happen that way. Remember Jo’s aspirations? Well, that’s the reason why their relationship took quite the backburner in this book. I’m really glad with it and it’s reasonable/acceptable that it isn’t the highlight of the story. Once you get to know Jo, I’m sure you’ll understand why it’s perfect for the story. Though, there were times that I wished they just go on with their kissing and stop teasing me. While there’s no kissy-kissy action going on between the two of them, readers will be treated with a front row seat of their friendship, their banters, sexual innuendos and Julian’s flirtations. You wouldn’t want to miss that! 

All in all, The Allure of Julian Lefray is a great book and lived up to my expectations. It’s a R.S. Grey book and I never doubted it to be anything but light, fun, refreshing, realistic and so much more. But the thing that I loved the most and what makes this book so special and relatable is its core message – follow your dreams. No matter what people think and say about you, like being silly for following your dreams, don’t let them drag and distract you from accomplishing it. Let their words fuel you in proving them wrong. It won’t be easy, you probably know that beforehand, but let it inspire you to push forward and get past through that hurdle. There will always be tough times in life but when you reached that point wherein you achieved your dreams, everything you went through ways back will all be worth it. I could keep on spouting off loads of follow your dreams stuff in here but that’s what The Allure of Julian Lefray is. It’s a book that makes you want to follow and achieve your dreams in life. Pre-order it now! 

If you’ve read and loved Scoring Wilder and The Duet, I’m sure you’ll love this book too! If you haven’t read it, WHY???? Go purchase it now and all of R.S. Grey’s books! Do a read-a-thon before the release of The Allure of Julian Lefray which is on 06.29.15! 

PS: I’m so ready for Dean and Lily’s story! They’ll have one, right? Right? I can already feel the tension between two such headstrong characters and I’m sure it would be fun to witness them clashing heads (and crushing mouths). Fun as always. :)

*ARC provided by the Author in exchange of an honest review.*



RATING 
FIVE ALLURING STARS FOR YOU, MR. LEFRAY.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll