Monday, June 30, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: SCORING WILDER by R.S. Grey


Title: SCORING WILDER 
Author: R.S. Grey (Facebook | Twitter
Publication Date: June 15, 2014

SYNOPSIS

What started out as a joke— seduce Coach Wilder—soon became a goal she had to score. 

With Olympic tryouts on the horizon, the last thing nineteen-year-old Kinsley Bryant needs to add to her plate is Liam Wilder. He's a professional soccer player, America's favorite bad-boy, and has all the qualities of a skilled panty-dropper.

• A face that makes girls weep – check.
• Abs that can shred Parmesan cheese (the expensive kind) – check.
• Enough confidence to shift the earth’s gravitational pull – double check.

Not to mention Liam is strictly off limits . Forbidden. Her coaches have made that perfectly clear. (i.e. “Score with Coach Wilder anywhere other than the field and you’ll be cut from the team faster than you can count his tattoos.”) But that just makes him all the more enticing…Besides, Kinsley's already counted the visible ones, and she is not one to leave a project unfinished.

Kinsley tries to play the game her way as they navigate through forbidden territory, but Liam is determined to teach her a whole new definition for the term “team bonding.”

A fun & sexy New Adult Romance (age 17+)

Add SCORING WILDER on your TBR list in Goodreads. 

If you love books which involves 1.) soccer-playing, swoon-worthy dude 2.) headstrong and sassy female character 3.) and a sizzling hot chemistry between them, then I suggest for you to pick this book up already! I swear, you'll enjoy reading this baby. 

I find Scoring Wilder as a very refreshing New Adult read which made it easier for me to give this book a high rating on Goodreads. Why was that? Because despite of the said "forbidden" subject/relationship in this book it ended up being such a light hearted read and it didn't tackle any depressing-ish back story. The narrative was very engaging (30% in and I already tweeted the author about it) and fluffy even if there's something "forbidden" brewing within the story. Plus, I love the fact that the author included some references about Miley Cyrus, Harry Potter, Twilight and Game of Thrones! Aha! 


"What the hell? Was I going to have to start barricading my door every night to ensure she couldn't Edward Cullen me? It probably wouldn't work; she'd just climb in through my window like the angsty vampire did."

Being inside Kinsley's head or just reading those words pouring out of her mouth is a real treat. She's so funny, sassy and feisty. Just imagine me rolling on the floor laughing page after page because of her!

Cue dream sequence of Liam running slowly on a beach carrying me in his arms. I love how he's strong enough to carry me with one arm while using the other arm to feed the seagulls. He's such an animal lover like that. 

or 

Okay. Not the best first line. Something like, ‘you look beautiful, have my babies’ would have been a little bit better.

Ha! But aside from the fact that she can make me laugh, Kinsley's character is also a very hard-working one. She strives really hard to be able to achieve what she aspires for and  *hands down* I admire her for that. Being involved with Liam didn't even deter her from her plans but it even made her push herself more to get to where she want to go. Liam even became a part of her own support system and inspiration throughout her journey towards the Olympic tryouts. 

"She believed she could so she did."

Liam. Liam. Liam Wilder. I'm sure all of us who's done reading this book would say that: Kinsley's such a lucky girl to have him. Not only that he's a very hot and talented soccer player but he's also a very caring, sweet, funny and swoon-worthy man. You have to read this book to get the full Liam Wilder effect.  *sigh* 

"I think you're worth it, and that's all that matters. Hang in there with me through this craziness and then we'll be together openly. I promise."


I have to hand it to R.S. Grey for creating such a great chemistry between Liam and Kinsley. But what I love the most about their characters and how the moments between them were written  is that there were times wherein it gets too *fans myself* hot in here but then Grey will shift it up with a sweet and tender one. Well-balanced scenes, that is.  Liam and Kinsley were just fitting and perfect for each other. I'm quite sure you'll love their banters and all of their moments together. LOL 'cause while I'm typing this thing down, there's a scene in the book that keeps on popping inside my head. It's just a small scene which involves M&Ms but awww it's a cute and funny one.  

R.S Grey definitely ended this book with a blast because she freakin' gave us TWO EPILOGUES! She's such a generous author and it made me love her even more. In reality, I think readers totally scored with Scoring Wilder. I love how she wrapped up the whole book with that second epilogue.  I was in a place called epilogue haven upon finishing this book last week. 

All in all, SCORING WILDER is a great, fun and light read that you totally don't want to miss. It'll probably cheer you up if you're aren't in such a good mood or if you just want to keep on smiling and laughing, you deffo need to read this one!  

Rating: 4.5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll