Monday, January 6, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: THE EDGE OF NEVER by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ramblings. I've been meaning to read this book for quite some time already but I always ends up getting distracted with new releases and books that have been on my to-read list since forever. Well. Last January 3, I randomly picked this up from my list and wasn't even able to check again the summary of this book. So I was quite shocked that we're dealing with two strangers in this story. And I was like, "Whoa. I just finished reading a story which involves strangers and I ended up didn't liking it. What's different with this story then?" Ahhh I wasn't prepared for what this book will do to me ... THERE'S SO MANY FEELS!!!

Immediate thought after reading this book. That was WOW ... Beautiful.

My thoughts. The Edge of Never is a story about friendships/relationships, family, finding and reflecting about one's self, unexpectedly falling in love, being able to break through one's comfort zones and just truly living in THE moment. With a lot of elements injected in the story, J.A. Redmerski was able to weave every piece beautifully. Everything feels right about it. Redmerski was able to deliver a very witty, highly emotional and ughh just a beautifully written book. The writing was sooooo good that you'll be immediately sucked in to the story and won't be able to put the book down, not unless you're done with it. UNPUTDOWNABLE.

This is written in alternating POV's from Camryn and Andrew which totally gives readers a full experience of their entire journey. Thumbs up for that. You see, both of these characters are experiencing their own inner turmoil and as they go along this road trip they find ways to heal each other and be there for each other when most needed.

" Is is any different than meeting you at the library and going out with you a night or two later, alone in your car? Everybody starts out as strangers, Andrew, but not everybody meets a stranger who saves her from a rapist and takes her to meet his dying father practically in the same night - I'd say you passed the trustworthy test a little back ways. ." - Camryn

The "being strangers" element of the story was handled really well. This isn't a case of creepy appearances and vaguely telling something about their personal life. THIS is a story wherein you actually see two people thrown into the mix and ends up embarking on a journey together. I know at first you'll be like freaked out that Cam's going on this journey with someone she barely knows. But when you read the story, you'll just feel the sincerity in Andrew's that he is really willing to get to know Camryn and be a part of this spontaneous road trip. He may have secrets but he managed to tell Cam a lot about himself. A plus to him for having Cam tag along with him when he visited his father.

The build up of Andrew and Camryn's relationship was presented very naturally. This isn't the "friends to lovers fast paced" kind of situation but readers are treated with the sight of them from being strangers to slowly testing the waters of knowing each other. Then being able to have an established friendship and later on blossomed into something more. Readers get to see that here.

Highly emotional, heck yes! I know that there's something really wrong that's bound to happen during the last part of the book and the wheels inside my mind just keeps on turning and turning ... I was just waiting for the author to pull out that curve ball and acknowledge my theories. AND then she did. Despite my suspicion being proven, Yeah I still cried (Dagnabit! Because of that LETTER!!!). Towards the last PAGES of the book, Redmerski still managed to squeeze a surprise in which totally made me SQUEAL!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!

Bye x
PS I love Andrew when he calls Cam, babe or baby! UGH DRHTHJDHFJSD THAT MOMENT WHEN HE FIRST DID THAT, MY EYES ALMOST BUG OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS AND I WAS LIKE FEELING ALL KINDS OF ANDREW-CAM FEELS!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll